Flea - Dependent Vampire
Accumulative Damage. Vampirism (emotional, physical, other). Aversion to Light. Metamorphosis. Rebirthing. Looking After Ourselves and our Environment. Running Away From Problems. Sensitivity to Environment. Dependence Upon Others. Hurting the ones you Love. Blood Wisdom. The Dependent Vampire.
All fleas are compressed laterally and are wingless, parasitic insects that subsist on blood. They have well-developed back legs in their mature stage that enables them to leap from host to host. Fleas have a sense organ on their bodies which is very sensitive to vibration and air currents. Fleas have multiple stages of complete metamorphosis, moving from eggs, to larvae, to pupa and then to adult. In their larval stages they avoid light and will survive off feathers, adult flea feces, hair and skin. Only the adult flea requires blood to survive. There are many different species of flea, some are cat-specific, human-specific, dog-specific etc. Each have different adaptations suited to this animal.
Please remember that if this animal is contacting you, it will often be the best resource for teaching you what its lessons are. What I write is only intended to be a guide, it is not absolute, nor is it infallible.
- If flea has come into your life as a guide (usually through biting us!) we are reminded to look after ourselves and our environment, and to practice vigilance. If we are lazy about how we look after ourselves, we can get physically, emotionally and spiritually harmed. We can even become seriously ill. Make sure you look after your environment and your body.
- Flea represents vampirism (emotional, physical, other). Flea suggests that we might be taking the energy from others - particularly those close to us - without even realising it. This vampirism is a sign of dependence upon others that can become unhealthy. We may also be preyed upon for energy, because we give our energy away too easily. Flea represents the dependent vampire, who will take from those he cares about most.
- Flea indicates a need for darkness and can represent the people who have an aversion to light. If flea has come into your life, it might be time to retreat into shelter, and take stock of your life. Fleas are highly sensitive to their environment, and you might find yourself overwhelmed by too much environmental stimuli. Quiet, dark places will heal you during the time that flea is around.
- Flea represents a time of accumulative damage. Flea bites are small, but the more we get, the more our health and immune system struggles. This accumulative damage can happen in other aspects of our life, small problems that never get sorted out add up until they become overwhelming. Look at each small problem in your life, and address them thoroughly to prevent a situation that feels uncontrollable.
- Fleas are adept at running away from their problems. It might be time for you to actually get away from a dangerous situation, if confrontation is no longer helping. Sometimes walking away is the healthiest thing we can do.
- Flea represents metamorphosis and rebirthing. When flea comes into our life, particularly in our dreams and visualisations, it is be time to turn over a new leaf and change our lifestyle. It is time to embrace change.
- When flea comes into our lives, it is time to assess whether we are hurting the ones we love, by either pulling on too many of their resources, using them emotionally, materially or spiritually, or if we're literally just taking away too much of their energy through never listening to them or giving them a chance to recharge.
- Finally flea represents blood wisdom. All aspects of blood, ancestry, knowledge, energy, wisdom etc. are part of the flea's domain. Indeed the domain of any animal that requires blood to survive. If you wish to understand blood memories, blood secrets and how to connect to your ancestry, a connection with flea may aid you.
If you have Flea as your guide:
People with this animal as a guide will often manifest traits similar to the animal itself. I work on the philosophy that we only have one guide, and it teaches us lessons as well as representing the core aspects of our personality. Therefore -
- Flea people tend to be codependent, or in codependent relationships throughout their whole lives. They may be abusive, but usually just tend to be people who need the energy of other people and animals in order to live. One of their main lessons in life is to learn how give and take in a way that permits their partner or friends to survive emotionally and spiritually in long-term relationships. These people are able to get away from their problems with ease, which also means they may never confront some of the less savoury aspects of their behaviour. It is a rare person who will admit to having flea medicine, which is a powerful medicine for directing energy.
There will be other ways your guide manifests, and you will recognise them with awareness and communion.
As shadow guide/guide:
The shadow guide is the animal we often fear irrationally, that teaches us things about ourselves that are profound and difficult to confront. Often the traits we fear most within the shadow guide, are the traits that we dislike in ourselves. We must scrutinise why this is, and learn how to work with them.
- Well, I don't know many people who like flea, who seems to be far more common as a shadow guide, mainly because flea drinks blood. Flea attacks us, and threatens our physical well being, and the wellbeing of any pets we may have too. For this reason, we tend not to like flea, because flea reminds us that even when we are being vigilant there is a chance that we can be used for our resources and taken advantage of. Every part of our lives is constantly under threat, and the creatures that take from us, remind us of the humans that can take from us, and how life can put us in situations where we are taken advantage. It is important then, to learn that despite the constant threat of harm, we are able to live our lives as fully as possible. Fleas are a problem, but they are not the end of the world if we are vigilant and enjoy our lives. It is important to learn that flea reminds us of something positive, that despite harm, we are able to soldier on and lead fulfilling and wholesome lives.
- Those who hate flea are people who (understandably) tend to hate those around them who use and abuse people. They might know of people who vampiristically use their friends, they might never seem to give anything back. Hating these people is a response that enables us to protect ourselves from these people, but is it effective? And is hatred healthy? We need to confront this hatred, and understand the people what we may revile because of their decisions to use the people around them. Without understanding, we are left in a situation of ignorance and intolerance. We don't have to like their actions, but it is important to take the time to understand the motivations of using/abusing, and then understand why we don't do it.
Like all animal helpers, this animal will only appear when right and appropriate, and cannot be forced to visit you, commune with you, or share messages with you. Flea can be contacted via meditation / visualisation / journeying and of course in real life. Flea can be a cryptic guide and teacher, but the lessons are valuable.