Delicate Mouse – Fragility
Acknowledging when you need help and support. Feeling delicate. Fragility. Over-sensitivity. Nervousness. Timidity. Being unusually shy. Let others know how you are. Avoid ‘rough handling.’ Avoid loud, bright places.
The delicate mouse is a small, fragile rodent that feed primarily on grass seeds. It is found in tropical regions, and is dainty and fine-boned in appearance. It is easily killed as a result of human handling, which can make it difficult to capture for study. They have large, bulging eyes. The delicate mouse is nocturnal, and like many native mice, subject to seasonal fluctuations in population size.
Lessons and Challenges:
– The delicate mouse teaches us to acknowledge when we need help and support. Just because we can be strong at times, or because we want to seem like pillars of support to others, doesn’t mean that we don’t need the same support and protection from others. Take the time and the courage to say ‘I need help,’ let your friends know you’re going through a tough time, teach your partner how to recognise when you’re vulnerable. Most importantly, give yourself permission to be a fragile being, and understand the beauty and strength inherent within.
– Delicate mouse comes into our lives to suggest that it might be time that we ‘handle ourselves with care.’ We may be feeling delicate, experiencing a lot of nervousness, or being over-sensitive or high-strung in certain situations. Take yourself away from the things causing you stress, find gentle and loving people to look after you. Rough-housing and ‘rough-handling’ at this time is out of the question.
– It is time to avoid loud, bright places. If this is your friends, take some time out. If you go clubbing, work in a loud shopping centre, or a loud environment, it is time to find another place to be for a little while. Take some time off, go on holiday to a quiet place, and find shelter in silent nights when there is no television or radio to bother you. Delicate mouse energy is an energy that heals us when we listen to it. We listen to it by quietening down and respecting how we feel.
– You might normally be a confident person, or you might not be, delicate mouse draws attention to unusual shyness and timidity. Is there someone in your life who you can’t be confident around? Is there a situation in your life you are unable to confront because you are scared and nervous around it? Delicate mouse energy teaches us that these are not bad things, and that shyness can even be an asset that can help us avoid situations which might push us over the edge.
– Remember that you must let others know how you are feeling. Let them know when you’re ‘fine’, only if you are confident that you can let them know when you are not! Have the courage and self-compassion to share your fragility with others, and you might be surprised to find that others open up to you more willingly, and with more trust than usual.
The Shadow Aspects:
– Many people in our society find it hard to admit this – and you are very likely one of them at this stage in your life – but, ‘it’s okay to be fragile!’ Delicate mouse reminds us that fragility, vulnerability, delicacy, these are all parts of who we are. Denying our own fragility leads to repression of emotion that in turn can lead to ill health mentally and physically. Denying our own delicacy denies an essential part of our humanity. Delicate mouse says that we are denying it in a way that is potentially leading to ill health and dis-ease.
– Delicate mouse challenges us to see that some of the people who are in our lives are damaging our spirit. These people might be loud and brash, they might be insensitive or poor listeners, they might be family, friends, your partner, or even colleagues at work. At this stage in your life, you might be feeling to fragile to even stand up to these people or find excuses to take time away from them, and delicate mouse asks you to ask for help among the gentle people that you trust, who care for you. At this stage in your life, delicate mouse confronts you and asks you to accept your fragility and your need for space and quietude.
Like all animal helpers, this animal will only appear when right and appropriate, and cannot be forced to visit you, commune with you, or share messages with you. Delicate mouse is a secretive, mysterious energy and messenger. It can be hard to deliberately contact, if it has not already contacted you first. It does not respond well to loud, brash people or approaches, and any ‘rough-handling’ of it in the spirit world can lead to it simply exiting your life for good. If you treat delicate mouse with consummate respect and compassion, you will find yourself treated with similar respect and compassion. Delicate mouse has a loving, gentling energy that – even if no specific message is communicated – will lend support during times of crisis.